Leader Ryan Meili and his Saskatchewan N-D-P caucus have called on the Saskatchewan Party government to bring about an emergency session of the Legislature to address the COVID-19 situation in the province. Meili told a media gathering outside the Saskatchewan Cabinet Office in downtown Saskatoon Friday afternoon that he has written a letter to Premier Scott Moe. Meili says he wrote in his letter to the Premier that Saskatchewan’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Saqib Shahab, had recommended last week that the province bring back an indoor mask mandate and limit access to public places for unvaccinated provincial residents, noting that the SaskParty has chosen to ignore that advice. Meili says Scott Moe “gave up” in the middle of July when restrictions were lifted. “He decided the pandemic was over and that he didn’t have to deal with it anymore. He gave up.” said Meili. The official opposition pointed to other provinces that have implemented vaccine lotteries or have discussed the idea of direct payments to those who have received their shot. The legislative assembly is currently scheduled to resume on October 27th.
Provincial NDP Calls for Legislature to Resume as COVID Cases Rise
Sep 3, 2021 | 2:38 PM
















