A limit on household gatherings, military help and modeling numbers are things the official opposition would like to see the Scott Moe government implement.
None of which were announced during a provincial briefing Thursday morning. The province instead announced that the Provincial Emergency Operations Centre will now be responsible for the operational, planning, logistical and administrative aspects of the emergency response to COVID-19 in Saskatchewan.
NDP Leader Ryan Meili says the change to the command centre remains to be unseen if it will indeed make a difference given that the province hasn’t implemented changes to health orders yet, that the NDP deems necessary. Meili says, “We know that everyday, Scott Moe has that information that in front of him, about what’s coming in the weeks ahead and what measures would make a difference. That work is being done, it’s being delivered to his desk and he’s not sharing it with doctors, he’s not sharing it with the public.”
Meili also shared his frustration with the Moe government for not asking for assistance from the federal government for military help.
“If there’s anywhere that needs that help, it’s here, right now. We know this federal government has already sent help to Alberta. There are already boots on the ground in our hospitals in our neighbour to the west.”
There were 650 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Saskatchewan Thursday, although a September COVID-19 database error has been found and was added into Thursday’s count. Of the 650 new infections, 241 were not previously entered into the province’s COVID-19 database.
















