The original estimate for those without power on Monday night because of the snow storm in Southeast Saskatchewan was 500 but SaskPower now says it was more like 1,482 residential and farm customers. Most of these customers will have power restored by later tonight (Tues), but SaskPower says due to delays from the extremely wet and muddy conditions, some will remain without until Wednesday.
The Crown Corporation’s damage assessment includes about 1300 incidents of damage, to things like power poles, power lines and crossarms. In comparison, the storm that hit the Maple Creek area earlier this month had about 300 incidents of damage. As of 11 this morning (Tues), the SaskPower Outage Centre had fielded over 15,000 calls.
SaskPower posted on Twitter that customers Northeast of Stoughton, South of Forget, Northwest and South of Wapella and in the Carnduff, Frobisher, Auburnton and Parkman areas should have their power restored by this evening.
















