Members of the Saskatoon Police Service Serious Assault Unit are investigating several stabbings from the weekend.
Friday night at 8:15 p.m. officers responded to a report of an injured person in the 100 block of 4th Avenue North. An 18-year-old woman was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries after being attacked with what was reported as a hatchet. Police were told that a woman and a friend were walking in the area when they were approached by two other women, dressed in black, who assaulted them.
Around 9:00 p.m. Saturday night police responded to an assault in progress in the 500 block of Queen Street. When they got there, they found a 16-year-old girl who said she was approached by two other females who began stabbing and beating her. The incident isn’t believed to be random in nature. Members of the Canine Unit successfully tracked down the victim’s bag discarded nearby which led to a residence where a suspect was arrested.
At 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon police were called to the 200 block of 2nd Avenue South where a man had been stabbed. A 60-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries. After reviewing video surveillance, the suspect description is as follows: a man in his 30s, 5’10” in height, with a goatee and a mohawk-style haircut. He was wearing a black hoodie with large graffiti print. Anyone with information is asked to contact police or crime stoppers.
And details are slim on the final incident which occurred around 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Avenue P North. The victim was found outside a home. A 36-year-old man was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening injury.















