The official opposition in Saskatchewan was joined by another resident Friday who is having to wait for surgery due to the fourth wave of COVID-19 in Saskatchewan.
Donna Wager was diagnosed with gallstones during the week of August 23rd. She says she was referred to a surgeon that day and finally spoke to the surgeon on October 12th. Since then she hasn’t heard anything and is still waiting for a surgery date.
Donna visited a walk-in clinic last week. A doctor there wrote a letter to Donna’s surgeon requesting that her surgery be looked after immediately due to the bloating and her symptoms. Donna then heard back from the Ministry of Health who said her surgery isn’t immediate and is therefore an elective surgery. Donna, despite living with pain and losing a significant amount of weight, has been told she may not receive her surgery for another six months.
NDP Leader Ryan Meili says he concerned for a 5th wave of COVID-19 over the holiday season and what that might mean for the health care system and for patients like Donna. Two other Saskatchewan residents were brought to the Legislative Assembly by NDP Leader Ryan Meili this past week after having a service cancelled.
















