RCMP continue to search for the two men wanted in connection to Sunday’s stabbings on the James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon.
In a news release issued Monday, police say as a result of the ongoing investigation, Myles Sanderson has been charged with three counts of first degree murder along with one count of attempted murder. Damien Sanderson has been charged with one count of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder. Both are also facing break and enter charges.
As far back as May, Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers had been seeking the whereabouts of Myles Sanderson who was unlawfully at large four months ago with his last known location being Saskatoon.
RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore says “To the people of Saskatchewan and beyond – please be assured that we are using every human, investigational and technological resource we have available to locate and arrest the persons responsible for this tragedy and to ensure your safety,” she added “Hundreds of Saskatchewan RCMP staff are dedicated to this investigation – this includes operators taking 911 calls and tips, to frontline officers patrolling our streets to the on-scene specialized forensic and Major Crimes Unit teams who continue to follow up on all information and evidence gathered.”
Saskatchewan RCMP are continuing to work closely with the Regina Police Service, this after a report to police indicated the suspect vehicle may have been seen on Arcola Avenue in Regina. Prince Albert Police issued a news release Monday afternoon saying the police service in that city is continuing to assist the RCMP with the investigation which includes additional members of the police service available and visible in the community. Resources from Manitoba RCMP, Alberta RCMP, partner police agencies and the Province of Saskatchewan are also assisting in the investigation.
The Prime Minister says Monday and Tuesday, the flag on the Peace Tower will be flown at half-mast – in memory of those who lost their lives during yesterday’s attacks in Saskatchewan, and in solidarity with everyone affected by this violence. Flags at Saskatchewan’s legislature and other provincial government buildings have been lowered and will remain at half mast, one day, for each life lost in the stabbing spree that took place Sunday in Saskatchewan.
Premier Scott Moe, RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore and Regina Police Chief Evan Bray all took to Twitter Monday posting updated messages.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PremierScottMoe/status/1566859039602081793
https://mobile.twitter.com/RCMPSK/status/1566866864378101760
https://mobile.twitter.com/evanjbray/status/1566782403829702658
















